Fantasy Team: Week 7



Controversy 

Chelsea managed to get their title hopes back on track with a win against Arsenal. They won 2-0 and the match was not with out controversy. 

Gabriel Paulista was sent off just before half time for allegedly kicking out at Diego Costa after the two had an altercation leading to yellow cards for the both of them. It has now been suggested that Paulista's red card has been rescinded because he never made any contact when kicking out.

Diego Costa has been handed a three game ban for slapping Koscielny in the face. I have made my thoughts on him clear in the last post. 

A piece of controversy for Fantasy is that Hazard was awarded a goal that, admittedly, I didn't see numerous replays of but it looked to be going wide when it was deflected in. 

My Team

Two changes for me this week, had a free transfer in the bank.

I got lucky this week, Silva got injured and so my vice captain Mahrez did the business, again, and scored me 22 points. Most of the rest of my team did fairly well, with Butland actually picking up an assist. I'm feeling confident now heading into week 7.

I've transferred in Anthony Martial for Lukaku and got Payet in for Albrighton. Both fairly self-explanatory. Martial has not oly started well but is now going to Sunderland, the most shaky defence in the Premie League. Payet is playing really well and Albrighton is beginning to lose his place.

Silva is injured and while I have left him in my team that is really just because I like the idea of my points coming at the end of the weekend to make a me feel a little better about the week. The points coming from Callum Wilson sitting on my bench, if he scores any.

Aguero captain, even though he isn't firing at the moment, he is playing Spurs. A team he scored four goals against in one game last season. Those sorts of points are too big to pass up. While Martial is arguably more reliable at this point, no one is offering that sort of potential. It's why Aguero is the most picked striker in fantasy even though he hasn't done so well and is practically double the price of anyone else.

If you have been following this series you would have noticed that both Berahino, Hazard and Bojan all scored last week. All players I had in week 1. Shows I do actually know what I am talking about. Sort of. 

Who to transfer in and who to transfer out

Most tranfered in and most transferred out this week

Payet
He is really starting to look the real deal. He has continued his form from last season and is the creative clue that is holding West Ham together at the moment. He is cheap and becoming a must for the Fantasy Team. 

Martial
The boy wonder from France. Everyone was sceptical when he started but he seems to have washed away those doubts with four goals in four games. This week he has Sunderland and it would be very surprising if he failed to notch. I am not fully convinced by him yet but it is hard to argue with the way he has started. For now, he is a fairly cheap striking option and surely has to at least threaten his week. 


Alexis Sanchez
Sanchez has just broken my three game rule and therefore should be out of my team. However, I didn't want to spend the points. I still believe he can get back to last seasons form. Leicster are strong but their defence is weak and it could be the perfect place for him to get back on the scoresheet.

Predictions

The state of the Premier League this year means that it is hard to predict a lot of these games.

Like I say, I think United will beat Sunderland fairly comfortably. In theory Chelsea should beat Newcastle but they have had trouble in the past and Chelsea's latest results should be taken with a pinch of salt as they played sub standard teams or won under controversial circumstances.

City and Tottenham, I can only see ending one way and that is Man City winning comfortably. Spurs will be going for the win and will try to match Manchester City for attacking prowess. They can't do that, so they will likely lose. Stranger things have happened though. Remember 5-3 against Chelsea?

Can Arsenal finally break Leicester's unbeaten record. I think they can, I can still see Mahrez scoring and they have lost Coquelin to injury which is a big blow but if they can take control of the game early, I can see Leicester finally succumbing to what is actually the first real team of quality they have faced this season. 


Comments

Popular Posts