FANTASY TEAM: Week 5


Controversy

So, it has been the first international break of the season and so most of us will have forgotten what happened two weeks ago.

There was very little controversy with in the scoring system. Coutinho got given a red card for a challenge that, in my opinion, he couldn't have got out the way of. Yes, he went to ground but it was the equivalent of a player being chased down by a defender, kicking the ball away and then running towards the defender who was chasing him down and the referee then giving the attacker the foul. Having said that, ridiculously, I can see why the red card was given and Coutinho is vacating a lot of teams as a result.

However, we did pass transfer deadline day and that means new players are upon us. 

Kevin De Bruyne comes in at £10.00 - technically a fair price based on the price tag he was purchased for and what he achieved last season, I think a lot are sceptical he will be able to accomplish more points that the likes of the cheaper Yaya Toure or the same priced David Silva.

Anthony Martial has come in at £8.00 along with Heung Min Son. Both could be very good value as the season moves on. I am most interested to see what happens with Anthony Martial, with no strikers really firing yet except for Bafotembi Gomez and Callum Wilson, Martial could be the answer to a lot of striking problems. While Lukaku had one good game, he and Benteke, who are populating a lot of people's teams could be the ones to make way. 

My Team

I plan to make 0 changes this week. I'm banking for my two subs next week.


I had my best week so far gaining a whopping 50 points. It's a start at least, I am no longer bottom of all my leagues and things can only get better.. right? 

Sagna has just come down with an injury, which is annoying, and the player that replaces him will be Martin from Norwich which means he will be up against Callum Wilson. However, sometimes these things manage to work in your favour. My main hope is that Sagna is passed fit.

I would like to play Albrighton, I did the right thing by taking him out last week. I actually played Callum Wilson who scored, so while I think Albrighton against Aston Villa could be a good shout, he would be up against Micah Richards, so I have to stick with my big guns. I still may choose to sub out Lukaku or Barkley but Everton have a history of scoring against Chelsea at Goodison. 

I will be implementing my three-game-rule this week. If a player fails to score points three weeks in a row, then they will be out of the team. Lukaku and Barkley are up for the cut as is Micah Richards & Butland. The other that could be up for the cut is Aguero, although I think I might give a little extra leeway for him.

Aguero will be the captain because he has a hat rick in him every game and I can't bring myself to choose anyone else. 

Who to transfer in and who to transfer out

Here is a look at the most transferred in and out players this week

Andre Ayew
Ayew has had a fantastic start to the season and doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. I do think there is a chance he will disappear into the season at some point, however, right now he is firing on all cylinders and as 'cheaper' midfielder I can understand why everyone has him in.

Harry Kane
The Harry Kane conundrum, i'm sure is scratching a lot of heads. He scored twice for England and is playing Sunderland this week, surely he has to break his scoring drought soon? Will the flood gates then open? He may be the most transferred out this week but I can see it being the opposite next week. 

Ivanovic
Unfortunately, Ivanovic has to be subbed out your team. Not only are Chelsea unlikely to keep a clean sheet, but he could well not play. He does free up money for people to play with, so it's not the end of the world. 


De Bruyne and Martial
Not many have gone for these two yet. We will all be watching closely to see if they play well, or play at all. Maybe they will bring the best out of other players. 

Expectation

Some very big games this weekend. Tough ones to call. Manchester United vs Liverpool is technically a big game however, strangely I don't think there will be as much quality in it as the Everton-Chelsea game or the Manchester City-Crytal Palace game. United should come out on top against Liverpool - player for player. Chelsea and City I think will edge their games. Tottenham and Swansea could well be the big winners with Arsenal having a difficult game at Stoke that they should ultimately come through as well. Plenty more games to be won away from home this week. 


Comments

Popular Posts