Zoolander Moment: Mario Balotelli


A new feature of this blog is going to be the 'Zoolander Moment'. What I mean by this is the things that happen in the world of football that I can't understand. In other words.


So I am kicking off with Mario Balotelli as he completes a loan move to AC milan. Many people consider the Italian over rated but that comes from a lack of goals as opposed to lack of ability.

My stand point on this is that he is massively overrated. To all those who say, 'he has the talent he just needs to have a better attitude' or 'work harder for the team', I say he has very little talent. He can shoot and he isn't the slowest but a lot of players have these abilities and a lot of players with his ego will match his goal scoring tally while playing for the best teams around Europe.


There isn't potential to be unlocked in Baloteeli. There never was. I believe that Jose Mourinho sold the football world one of the greatest lies when he said 'Mario Balotelli is the most talented individual I have ever worked with' he added to that statement that he needed to work on his attitude. I think Mourinho was just trying to sell Balotelli, and it worked. It's actually still working now. 

Particularly at Liverpool we have seen the worst of Balotelli in which he has only scored the one goal in the Premier League. They actually had a loyalty scheme in his contract. They thought other clubs would want him. Why? How? What are they seeing?


At Manchester City he scored a few goals (at a title winning side) but only made one assist, albeit and important one. He has failed to score and assist consistently for any other team he has played for. I am not saying Balotelli can't play football but there are many as good as him, there are many as talented but  none, on the same level, that have been so sought after.

So, I feel like I am taking crazy pills, Mario Balotelli moving back to AC Milan where his ridiculous wages will continue to get paid by clubs who think he is a top player. and he has never once put a run together in which he deserves any of this praise. 



What do you think?
Let me know
@Jonny_Troy

Comments

Popular Posts