Fantasy Team: Week 3


Controversy

Not a lot of controversy this week. John Terry got given a red card for what was quite a soft challenge. However, once you are the wrong side of an attacker then you are fighting a losing battle and I think that the red card was ultimately justified. 

Also, one that grinds my gears is that Jack Butland failed to get any bonus points for what was a match winning performance against Norwich City. Presumably it was because he conceded one goal but he made six saves and three of them were absolutely top drawer. Surely, fantasy should take into account point earning performances. If it wasn't for Jack Butland Stoke would have lost that game and lost a point. Come the end of the season, that point could be important. 

My Team

Yes I have played my WILD CARD because once again, I have had a terrible week. It looked so good going into Sunday. 


After spending minus 8 points I only managed a measly 37 points which means I am absolutely miles behind everyone already. My only saving grace is that with only 6 home games won out of a possible 30, we can assume results aren't going the way they should. So, if you are doing exceptionally well, you could come undone when the status quo returns. Let's hope it does.

I have made six changes. Pedro is in for Hazard because, although he could still do a Di Maria, on first appearance he looks as though he is going to get as many points as Hazard so it saves me £2m. Sanchez comes in for Cazorla as my expensive midfielder as I fancy the Chilean to get some serious points in the next couple of weeks.

Lukaku and Everton look good at the moment so he is a good choice to partner Aguero. Callum Wilson is on the bench and I might start him instead of Albrighton. I also considered Jermaine Defoe who has only scored twice but is likely to score more consistently than Wilson. Berahino out as he didn't play, which is ridiculous, and I left Bojan in way too long. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. I think he is fit now though so watch him go in and score some goals. If hoes do well I can easily transfer him back in.

In defence Koscielny is out because he was randomly injured, of course he was. Sagna in as Zabaleta is injured and Sagna is set to grab some points over the next few games and is only £5. While many might have Kolarov, and Kolarov may well get more points, if Sagna does contribute to some goals i'll be the only one who benefits as the majority of sides have Kompany or Kolarov in. Martin in for Baker as he is cheap and playing 90 minutes each game.

Who to transfer in and who to transfer out

Here is a look at the most transferred in and out players this week

Rooney
Understandably Rooney has been shipped out by a lot of players who are possibly regretting it since he scored a hat-trick in the Champions League qualifier. However, I think Aguero or Lukaku are both better options just at the moment.

Pedro
As I have mentioned Pedro seems like a good buy based on his first performance. He is very direct and will be looking to contribute goals every single week. He could be a big point earner, particularly if he gets Chelsea on the march.

Diego Costa
Not a huge surge for him just yet, but he has now got on the score sheet and could well start to regain his full form from last season. If he does, he is a fantasy football must.

Yaya Toure
His points tally is slightly misleading as he gained 5 points for a goal that he didn't score but he is very cheap compared to some midfielders and could well finish the season the midfielder with the highest point

Jermaine Defoe
I mentioned it above but Jermaine Defoe is one to watch out for. At £5.5m he is exceptionally cheap and while most consider him to be on the slide, he believes he is worthy of an England place. So he will be giving it all and any goals for Sunderland will come through him. He is also one of the most proven Premier League goal scorers there has even been. One to watch.


Lets see if any player make a move before the end of the transfer window.

Expectation

I expect to do well this week. After playing my wildcard I have more in form players in my team. However, if my luck continues then Cazorla, Hazard and Berahino will all get on the score sheet over the weekend. Most games should be won by my players, Leicester vs Bournemouth could well be high scoring and while Everton could lose or draw to Tottenham, they are likely to score some goals. I have high hopes this week. HIGH HOPES!


Comments

Popular Posts