Fantasy Team: Week 2


Controversy 

Well, let's first kick of with Diouf of Stoke. Awarded a goal for the very, very slightest of touches towards goal. Replays show that it may have skimmed an outstretched hair but certainly didn't divert the ball off course. Basically, I am still mad at the fact that Silva was not given the goal instead of Toure in the first game week, and they have now compounded it by suggesting Diouf's touch was a bigger one than Silva's - ridiculous. 

Another decision to moan about, which isn't Fantasy's fault to be fair, is Benteke's goal. A goal that dropped me behind a lot of people that captained him. He took 3 bonus points from a goal that he didn't deserve (Coutinho should have been flagged offside) allowing my rivals to gain 18 points overall. Being that it never should have stood, that is hard to take. Plus my striker Berahino missed an open goal. It's all just bad luck for so far guys, I promise. 

Anyway, in other news, Otamendi and Pedro have arrived in the Premier League. Great news for the league but they have come in well over-priced. Otamendi at 6.5m, making him more expensive than Kompany. I have know idea what the logic behind that is, maybe after the start Manchester City & Vincent Kompany have had, they believe all the City defenders should be a bit more expensive. He should be 6m.

Then there is Pedro, he has come in at £9.5m another ridiculous price tag. The 4th most expensive midfielder available. I like the look of Pedro, I think he will do well but with the wealth of cheaper midfielders, there is no telling whether Pedro will be up there yet. I was surprised to see he was that high, I think 9m would have been fairer. 

My Team

I'v only gone and spent 8 points! That's 3 transfers. 



Yes, I have had to take drastic measures this week as things are going so wrong. I had another shocking week, only achieving 31 points.

I have taken Rooney out for Aguero. I think most have done this. Rooney looks a yard off the pace at the moment and Aguero looks ready to go big. Regardless of Rooney's form, Aguero would come in anyway as he should be the bigger point earner.

I brought in Albrighton as I think he is a no brainer at the moment, I am worried that Leicster have just purchased Inler, who is a central midfielder, which is where Albrighton plays. But I don't foresee him losing his place just yet. Why would Ranieri want to change up a good thing?

And I decided to bring Barkley in. After watching him against Southampton, I have kind of joined the 'What if?' bandwagon. What if he really finds form this year? What if he plays like that every game!? The guy is a great footballer when he is playing well and is capable of scoring from anywhere which means he is a useful fantasy asset. At 6.5m he is quite cheap too. Playing Man City, he could struggle, but at this point I expect him to get points against anyone. 

My biggest problem is Bojan. I really don't know what I was thinking, he has lost me money, he probably won't play again this week and if he does it only be for a 10 minute run around. That means I can't decide whether to put him in my squad, just incase he comes on for those 10 minutes and scores. I'll wait for the press conference but I think he will be on the bench this week. 

Who to transfer in and who to transfer out

Here is a look at the most transferred in and out players this week

Gomis & Montero
Gomis has started the season very well. Personally, I don't think he is a very good player and I hate his goal celebration, in a way his celebration suggests he knows he doesn't score too many goals. However, he is doing well and importantly, Swansea have Sunderland this week. A good idea is to put players AGAINST Sunderland in your team as they are leaking goals. All Swansea players should do well this weekend. Jefferson Montero is another great shout, he deserves more points than he has got. 

Sterling
I am surprised that people are taking Sterling out. Manchester City are on the rise as you can see by the players most transferred in. Sterling is destined to get some points as he has proved himself a worthy Manchester City starter. Perhaps Toure provides the better value as he is slightly cheaper. 

Hazard & Kane
Two big players who have failed to score points as of yet. I think it is a big mistake to get these two players out, Hazard more so. As they are guaranteed point earners. With the help of another Striker at Spurs, Kane will start netting and it is only a matter of time before Hazard gets back into the points. With the return of Sanchez though it may be that he is preferred by many.


Shaqiri & Bojan
Stoke will be getting ready to be full strength soon and they could be truly brilliant. Of course there could be a lack of defending and it could all go to pieces however, despite my stupidity in picking him, Bojan could be amongst the points soon and at 5.4m alongside Shaqiri at 7m, these could be some bargain buys. 

Expectation 

As I mentioned, Swansea players are a good choice here because they are playing Sunderland. Everton vs Manchester City is a big game where Manchester City could genuinely drop their first points of the season. So I am hoping that Barkley gets some points. A lot of the players have hard games again so this could be another bad week, however a lot of those players are attackers so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is a high scoring week.

Comments

Popular Posts