FANTASY TEAM: WEEK 1


To celebrate my 50th post I am beginning the first in a series of Fantasy Football reviews. 

I'll be sharing my team, discussing the big point earners for the week, pointing out who is worth getting in and who is worth getting out and why. Plus any other talking points that might come up. 

Controversy

Wel here is the first talking point. David Silva has finally been given the goal that was so clearly his in the first place. If you missed it, Yaya Toure shot towards goal, and David Silva got the slightest of touches as it headed towards goal, a touch so slight that the goal was given to Yaya Toure. You only have to watch the replay however, to see that that slight touch diverted the ball away from the out stretched leg of Craig Dawson and between his legs which led to the confusion that allowed the ball to trickle into the back of the net. Although, this had finally been agreed by the 'Dubious goal committee' Silva will not receive the points and therefore secured 0 bonus points when her deserved 3.

My Team

You may have realised at this point that I have Silva in my team. Here is my team for the coming week. 

The squad changed many times before the transfer window started and as you can see I had a terrible week. Had Silva been given his points it would have been slightly better but I don't want to get in to it. 

My main mistake is having Bojan in, I had hoped that they give him a run around as I didn't realise he was that far from fitness considering he played games in pre-season. I don't want to spend 4 points switching him for another cheap attacker so will allow Bentaleb to come in he doesn't play. I don't recommend this strategy. 

I , unfortunately, had Leighton Baines and have switched him for Micah Richards. This gives me a little bit of money to play with in the future which allows for price rises and while I don't think Aston Villa will keep too many clean sheets, as long as he is fit, he will play every game and he is a strong attacking presence from set-pieces, which may just nick him a few points. 

I have captained Cazorla, which is a little bit risky, but I think he is the player that makes Arsenal tick at the moment and Arsenal need a win. They are a top team and should respond to the pressure, and if the do, it will hopefully be because of him. Alexis Sanchez should also give him a better player to aim for. 


Who to transfer in and who to transfer out

Here is a look at the most transferred in and out players this week

Coutinho & Gomez
I don't see Joe Gomez becoming Liverpool's first choice full-back through out the entire campaign but if he is still there in 5 games, i'll be jumping on the bandwagon. I love Coutinho as a player but he has spent way too much time in my team over the last few years failing to earn me points while showing glimmers of hope just like he did on Sunday. He was always capable of what he produced at the weekend but I am not believing he will replicate it week in week out just yet.

Darmian
Matteo Darmian looked very good against Tottenham Hotspur, he may well be worth a punt but for now but I would rather stick with someone a little more trusted to see how he settles in at Old Trafford.

Mahrez and Albrighton
He is a good cheap option this season, however he is far too selfish and game weeks will not be as kind to him as last week against Sunderland. In my opinion Marc Alrighton is the best shout for a cheap player but we need to wait and see if he is a permanent fixture for the club first.

Yaya Toure
This week Yaya Toure was back to his very best and after a poor season last year, he has secured himself a relatively small price tag of £8.5. If he performs like he did two seasons ago then this is the bargain of the fantasy league. 


Expectation
Last week saw almost everyone in my team come up against teams they should have beaten, despite that, they gained next to no points. This week is quite the opposite and I hope that the result is quite the opposite too. 

I am worried that I have three players playing from the Chelsea vs Manchester City clash, as I believe Jose Mourinho will set Chelsea out to draw 0-0 and I think that could well be the scoreline. I am excited to see how Xerden Shaqiri gets on at Stoke (if he plays) and I think Liverpool look like the team to back this week at home to Bournemoth. I hope that Benteke takes a little longer to find his feet as so many people have him in their team. 



I use http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Comments

Popular Posts