Transfer Latest - 3rd July 2015


Another round up on the main transfers that have happened so far and my fantastically accurate and well though out opinions on them.

Cech
Arsenal - Chelsea 11M

So is this the move that means Arsenal win the league? No, well I don't think so. Will it improve them? Yes, I think it definitely will. Arsenal can't expect their next season to be plain sailing however, Koscielny and Coquelin get injured and Arsenal are totally vulnerable. They do, of course, have a chance at the title this season but just one signing won't be enough unless they can keep there entire squad fit for the entire campaign.

Falcao
Monaco - Chelsea Loan

The big gamble. Falcao looking a shadow of his former self at Man Utd but more worryingly during the Copa America. It could be due to injury and a lack of confidence, or perhaps he is beginning to lose his touch and will be a flop for Chelsea as well. You would like to think if anyone could get the best out of him then it is Mourinho. I don't think Falcao is done yet personally. I think it is a case of him taking a while to recover from injury and he could become a lethal asset off the bench for Chelsea.

Delefeou
Barcelona - Everton 4.5M

For this price, it is a fantastic signing. Maybe a touch greedy, but a wonderful young player and exactly the type of player that Everton need. Someone to support Lukaku and provide some flare. If Everton can keep their best players (easier said than done) and stop playing Alcaraz (not easier said than done) then Everton should enjoy a far better season this campaign.

Cleverley
Manchester United - Everton Free

Although, I am not sure what they are thinking here. I believe I have mentioned before that Cleverley has spent his entire career so far proving he is not quite good enough for the Premier League. I have nothing against him personally, I simply don't think he is good enough and I would be very surprised if he turns into a big match player for Everton. I see another Darren Gibson with this one.

Clyne
Southampton - Liverpool 12.5M

Well i'm not really sure why Clyne chose Liverpool. Maybe he agrees that the squad does have potential. He fits perfectly into a Brendan Rogers team and I have no doubt that he will be a prominent figure. I worry for him though as defenders tend to go to Liverpool and forget how to defend. For the price though, it is a good deal, I will be surprised if he is not worth more in the future. Basically, a good deal for Liverpool, maybe not for Clyne.

Firmino
Hoffenheim - Liverpool 29.5M

Big money signing. Firmino has potential, I can't say he is a bad buy yet. I think 29.5M is a lot and I don't think in 3 years he will be sold on for 75M but he may well improve the squad and be a strong, reliable utility man upfront.  I mentioned in a previous 'transfer latest' that Liverpool needed a decent striker as Ings and Ings alone wasn't the answer. Well they have delivered with Firmino.. I mean they do have Sturridge.. Still have Lambert too.. and Balottelli.. Oh and Borini… And now Origi as well!.. Still, Benteke should be arriving soon... Liverpool! you frustrate me, I know a few will leave but let them leave first! That is too many strikers! What are you doing?! They were linked with Hernandez too! Stop it! Stop just buying up strikers because your favourite is injured! I have spoke about this before, Liverpool are again buying up players willy nilly while many people think they are doing good business because 1 or 2 of them are actually good. It's not good business.

Dimitri Payet
Marseille - West Ham 15M

I know little about Payet accept that he notched 7 goals and 17 assists last season. Now as he is in his late 20's I can only assume he has had a good season as opposed to finally understanding how to play football but the stats still remain and they are good. It also means he has experience. This should be a good signing for West Ham and I am excited to see what he brings to the Premier League. My main concern is that there is a history of smaller clubs breaking the bank for relatively unknown players that fail to live up to their hype.

Shaqiri
Inter Milan - Stoke 12M Unconfirmed

Now this hasn't been officially confirmed yet as far as I am aware. The reason I want to talk about it is because I think it is such an exciting signing. Shaqiri is a top class player and will improve Stoke no end. He strikes me as the type of player to work hard for them much the way Sanchez did coming in for Arsenal. Stoke could do with keeping N'Zonzi but I imagine the lure of Champions League bound Sevilla will be too much. That is a shame because Stoke could be a real threat with these players next season. Not only that, but the Premier League is gearing up to be exciting, really exciting. Shaqiri & Bojan playing for the 9th best team in England!? Cabaye to Palace would be a huge transfer for them. Payet to West Ham and Delefeou to Everton means that this Premier League season could be more competitive than ever and not just for a top six spot.


Comments

Popular Posts