League Wars


I've always liked the idea that one day there will be a 'Leagues Cup' in which the best eleven of each league play against each other to crown the best league in the world. For a bit of fun, I thought I would put out how I would line up the, likely, top three. It was not easy and I am still questioning some decisions. 

Premier League XI

 This was very difficult to decide on a team. The Premier League is the most diverse in terms of which team the talent comes from. There are plenty of players who could switch in all over the place. De gea gets the nod ahead of Courtois, Hart and Cech, just. Ivanovic just gets in ahead of Zabaleta on account of last season. Terry has to be in there, Koscielny nudges out Fonte and Kompany, he has had more European experience and is in far better form than Kompany. Azpilicuetta is simply the best defensive left back in my opinion. Matic unquestionably has to be in the team as the defensive midfielder. Then I have gone for Silva and Fabregas, originally I had these two in the same position but decided they could play along side each other and both had to be in. Mata, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla and even Toure could make the cut too, and even players like Carrick, Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger potentially could provide a better defence in the future. From then on I think most would agree that Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero are the best in those positions in the league with Costa, Rooney and maybe Kane & Sterling knocking on the door. 



La Liga XI

Well, this team is practically adding Ronaldo to Barcelona. Unfortunately, I don't think there is place for anyone outside of the El Classico contingent and after the season Barcelona have had it is difficult to even get Real Madrid players in. I feel Te Stegan has to be in based on what I saw of him in the Champions league. Pique has possibly been the best defender in the world this season and I still prefer the Barcelona full backs to Real Madrid's. Varane sneaks in as I am not Ramos's biggest fan and just think Varane is a little bit special. Leaving out Iniesta, Modric and Kroos was so hard but I feel that with his work rate, technique and execution, overall Racktic is the best player to keep the team defensive while linking attack. Busquets has to be the mop up man. Although, you could argue that this team is so good that a defensive midfielder isn't required. Bale, Benzema, Isco and Rodriguez miss out simply because the four ahead of them are probably the best four players in the world.



 Bundesliga XI

No I am not sure about this formation as it definitely lacks defence. However, it was more a case of getting players in the team. I just felt there was no way I could leave out that front five. I would put Lahm at right back as that's where I think he is best. Bernat looks a prospect at left back and Hummels is a given. I've gone for Boateng, despite his shortcoming against Messi, he is still a world cup winning defender. Lewandowski is the best striker in the league and Alonso should tie the whole team together. Neuer is the obvious choice for Goal keeper.  


I have to say overall that it is easy to see how the Premier League is considered the most competitive league with the players coming from four different teams. However, I find it hard to see past La liga being the best.

Who do you think would win? What are your thoughts? Think a certain player should be in there? Or even want to see a different league done? Let me know.
Twitter: @jonny_troy
Email: Jonathanptroy@gmail.com
Or leave a comment. 

Comments

Popular Posts