Transfer Latest - 9th June 2015


Okay so here is a little round up of the latest major transfers and what I think of them, and therefore what you should think of them.

Danny Ings to Liverpool

Is he going to take them to Champions League? No, more than likely not. He shows some promise but I am not personally getting excited about him yet. Plenty have had had good seasons in the premier league and not gone on to amount to anything and Ings hasn't even had a great season. Lambert, who may be 10 years older, scored 15 goals in his first season in the Premier League and this is when Southampton were battling relegation by the way, so there can be no argument that it was easier for hime to score. Ings only netted 11 this year which actually isn't really good enough. However, he is 22 and has a lot to learn and you would like to believe more chances would be created for him at Liverpool when he is on the pitch. He was also effectively free as he was out of contract so essentially he is a good signing however, Liverpool need another striker, a better one. If they don't purchase someone else then I don't believe Ings is a good signing for Liverpool.

Depay to Manchester Utd

Looks like a great player Depay with bags of potential, his dynamism in attack allows his position to be flexible. I think he is a fantastic signing for Manchester Utd who now need to focus on buying defensive players. They have an abundance of attacking players and with Depay available I think Depay, Mata, Rooney & Di Maria are a fearsome attacking force if deployed correctly. With Felliani, Hernanadez, Young, Valencia, Herrera and maybe still Van Persie, Machester Utd have a lot of options in attack.

Milner to Liverpool

A solid signing in my eyes. I would play him in an central/attacking midfield role as he has requested with Jordan Henderson. They may not set the world on fire but I think the two of them could form quite the partnership and turn Liverpool into a rocksteady team in midfield. He is more technical than Henderson and should be able to fill the gap to some extent that Steven Gerrard has left. Milner, Henderson & Can should be a resilient midfield next season.

Aleix Vidal to Barcelona

Perhaps a sign Dani Alves is on his way but Vidal can't start for Barcelona until 2016. I don't know the ins and outs but it's a big move for a player to know he isn't going to be able to play. Although,  I probably couldn't pass up Barcelona either.

Dybala to Juventus

I haven't seen a lot of him however, what I have seen, he reminds me of a young Alexis Sanchez, but perhaps not quite as dogged. His stats aren't incredible but you can see he has potential and could become a star in the future.

Tom Cleverley

I'm not sure how he has secured this, yes his form improved at Aston Villa but I don't think Cleverley is premiership quality. He would be better suited a league to two below.



Comments

Popular Posts